The Encouraging Thunder Award comes with very simple rules:
- The nominee posts the Award on their blog and adds the logo.
- Pay it forward by nominating others.
- Mention your purpose for blogging and thank the person that nominated you; also add their URL to your post for ping back.
This is long overdue in responding but I am not good at promoting myself.
I started My God, My Music, My Life because I felt, and feel, like God was telling me the time is now. I have wrote things, songs, poems, short stories, etc, and usually just threw them away. I felt like I was letting God down by not speaking about Him, by not reaching out to the world and tell others about what He has done for me, and for all of us. I’m an introvert and I don’t talk much at all, even to my own family. I have always tried to let my actions speak for me and live the right way. Writing for me is a way for me to get the word out and still stay in my comfortable box, which I know with time I will break out of for I am already seeing the box open. I see God in everything and try to write about it. I believe music is a universal language. Everyone listens to some kind of rhythm, beat, words. I put it all together in one writing and I hope that my words and music encourages others. If my words don’t, at least I pray the music will.
I have to admit I don’t follow many other bloggers at this time. I want to follow others to read what they write, not to follow just to follow and unfortunately, there is only so much time in a day.
- Don Merrit for the Life Project https://lifereference.wordpress.com. He has helped me learn so much more about the Bible than I could ever learn on my own. I love how he puts the bible together, how some passages parallel others in the Bible. i.e Revelation 20:22 and Ezekiel 37:48. There are far more but this is just one example. Thanks Don.
- Pam Witzemann for Joy Indestructible http://joyindestructible.com/. She teaches me so much about finding joy in all circumstances. Look for joy and not happiness. For her life and to still experience joy in everything is an example we should all model.
- J.D. Riso for Wish I Were Here https://julieriso.wordpress.com/. I have just started reading her but I love her stories and the places we go. I can picture myself where she is through her writing.
I thank Pam Witzemann http://joyindestructible.com/ for nominating me. God seems to always give her words to say to encourage me in my journey into this blogging world. Many times I have thought no one is reading this just to get a message from her at the right time. Thanks, Pam, it is truly an honor to be nominated but more of an honor to call you a friend.